- Oyo, an India-based hotel operator, is raising $1.5 billion as part of its Series F. Founder and CEO Ritesh Agarwal will contribute $700 million through RA Hospitality Holdings, a Cayman Islands investment firm said to be a joint venture between SoftBank and one or more financial institutions. Read more.
- SparkCognition, an Austin, Texas-based developer of AI-driven cyber-physical software solutions, raised $100 million in Series C funding. March Capital Partners led the round.
- RapidSOS, a New York-based emergency technology company, raised $55 million in funding. Energy Impact Partners led the round.
- Forward Networks, a Palo Alto, California-based network assurance and verification company, raised $35 million in Series C funding. Goldman Sachs led the round, and was joined by investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Threshold Ventures (previously DFJ Venture) and A. Capital.
- Contentstack, a San Francisco-based provider of headless CMS technology for use by marketers, raised $31.5 million in Series A funding. Insight Partners led the round, and was joined by investors including Illuminate Ventures and GingerBread Capital.
- Celigo, a San Mateo, California-based integration platform as a service provider for both IT and business users, raised $20 million in Series B funding. NewSpring led the round with participation from Blossom Street Ventures and TVC Capital.
- Viola, a Los Angeles-based provider of cannabis products, raised $16 million in funding. Gotham Green Partners led the round.
- Tenfold, a company that integrates CRM and voice platforms for better customer information, raised $7.5 million in Series C funding. Next Coast Ventures led the round. Investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Geekdom Fund and Salesforce Ventures.
PRIVATE EQUITY DEALS
- Carroll Capital LLC acquired Elevator Service LLC, a Grand Rapids, Michigan-based elevator services provider. Financial terms weren't disclosed.
- BellRing Brands, a St. Louis-based protein powders and bars maker spinning off of Parent Post Holdings, plans to raise $525 million in an offering of 30 million shares priced at $16 to $19. The firm posted sales of $827.5 million and profit of $96.1 million in the year ending 2018. It plans to list on the NYSE as “BRBR.” Read more.
- Kaspi.kz, a Kazakh fintech group, withdrew postponed plans for a London listing that was expected to value the firm at about $5 billion, citing market conditions. Read more.
- Q&K International Group, a Shanghai-based apartment rental platform in China, filed for a $100 million IPO. The firm posted revenue of $129.6 million in 2018 and loss of $72.8 million. It plans to list on the Nasdaq as “QK.” Read more.
- Shiseido Company agreed to acquire Drunk Elephant, a Houston, Texas-based skincare brand, for $845 million. Drunk Elephant had raised approximately $8.3 million in funding from investors including VMG Partners.
- Alteryx, Inc. (NYSE: AYX) acquired Feature Labs, a Boston-based data science software company that automates feature engineering for machine learning and artificial intelligence applications. Financial terms weren't disclosed. Feature Labs had raised approximately $1.5 million in venture funding from investors including Flybridge Capital Partners, 122West Ventures, and First Star Ventures.
- General Atlantic acquired a majority of Marathon Health, a Winooski, Vermont-based operator of worksite health centers. Financial terms weren't disclosed. Marathon Health had raised approximately $30 million in venture funding from investors including Goldman Sachs.
FIRMS + FUNDS
- One Equity Partners, a New York-based private equity firm, raised $1.75 billion for its seventh fund, One Equity Partners VII, L.P.
- Sverica Capital Management, a Boston-based private equity firm, raised $450 million for its fifth private equity fund, Sverica Capital Partners V.
- GTCR promoted Michael Hollander to managing director, and Stephen Master and KJ McConnell to principal.
- Carolyn Simmons joined CircleUp Growth Partners as a partner.